Saturday, April 16, 2011

News

Hey people. Here's what's up:

Meetings:
Meetings will commence again when we start having work to show. I think that I have made everyone nervous with my lofty expectations and visions of elaborate projects, etc. As soon as we find an affordable format (size), then that along with colors and theme will be the only guidelines for content. That should make things earlier.



Printing:
I've been trying to get to the bottom of this printing thing. The format we had previously thought was awesome (tabloid-sized newsprint) is a bit out of price range. Do not panic! We will find a solution.

After getting some quotes from printers, I wondered if just buying a press for less than the first run would cost was a feasible option. I searched craigslist, I searched Google. I searched Facebook even. I found some good options. So I think that's what I'm going to try and do: buy a small-format, one-color, offset press. I've found a couple options in the $300 range not terribly far away and a local one that could go for cheaper but require some repair. I'll keep you guys updated but this could be a major breakthrough in our funding of future issues and printing fun.

I'm looking at a press tomorrow, so I'll let you know how it goes.

1 comment: